FreeBSD Magyar keymaps/font maps?

Gabor Zahemszky zgabor at cs.elte.hu
1998. Aug. 23., V, 23:38:03 CEST

Hi!
I'm Gabor Zahemszky, and made it for 2.0.5.  Well, i've sent a mail to this
list about it, too.  Not so many people interested in it ;-(.  After so many
corrections, I've sent it to ache at freebsd.org (Andrew Chernow) about 2 or 3 days
after 2.2.5-REL.  And I was so disappointed, that it wasn't on 2.2.6.  So later
I've sent a letter about it him, too.  Now, he CHECKED IN it, but if I know well,
only to 3.0.  (There are some mails about it at my regular account, if somebody
is interested in.)  So please, do what you can!  By the way, as from about 2.2.5
FreeBSD has ISO-8858/2 collating sequence, and correct ctype definitions, and
from 2.2.6 there are iso Latin2 syscons fonts, most of my work > /dev/null.
Now the missing bits are (were :-) hungarian date formats and keymaps.
If you have hungarian keyboard, or know it well, you'll be happy with it.  But
if you have default US keyboard (as I think, most of hungarian - and not-
hungarian FreeBSD-users), maybe I can make another one.  It would be good, too.

Hey everybody!  Please, vote for the official hungarian keymap on US-style
keyboards.  I think, we need the whole US keyboard, and only the accented
characters, but where do we put them?  I made it for me, that the accented
characters are available with Alt + <something>.  (I think in UNIX-world, it
would be better to press \ | < > ' " [ ] { } - ` ~ in normal way, and not
in AMWAY (hmm: M$-way :-) form (eg: AltGR-q, etc).  But you know!

Roviden es magyarul: Szvazzatok, a normal ameriakai billentyuzetre hogyan
definialjuk ra a magyar ekezetes karaktereket.  Szerintem az a jo, ha az
ekezetesek erhetok el Alt - akarmi formaban, es a tobbi van a helyen, de
en persze hajlando vagyok kompromisszumokra - sajat magamnak ugyis sajat
billentyuzetkezelom van mar lassan tobb mint ket eve -, szoval hova tegyuk es
hogyan az ekezetes betuket.

I hope, it helped.

ZGabor at CoDe dot HU

PS: and yes, I was on vacation - I'm only surprised, no-one from this list
could tell the truth about hungarian localisation - my letters about it can
find in the archives. ;-(

Look, not see!