[BSD] burncd blank CD-RW gond

giotto giotto at freemail.hu
2004. Okt. 23., Szo, 12:06:45 CEST

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:57:40 +0200
Adam Szilveszter <adam at nhh.hu> wrote:

> Bar nem irod milyen verzioju FreeBSD-t hasznalsz de asszem ez ismert
> hiba es talan mar attol "elmulik", hogy valami mas programmal
> megprobalsz hozzaferni ugyanahhoz az irohoz, pl ls vagy ilyesmi. Azt
> tudom, hogy a torles ilyenkor megtortent, csak nem lep ki magatol.
> Mintha valami javitason is dolgoztak volna ez ugyben...

BSD 5.2.1
en ezt talaltam, ez a hiba...
a sracnak is teac iroja van..

#############

The command I use to blank a CD-RW disc is:

  # burncd -f /dev/acd1 -s 10 blank

The problem is that the "blanking CD, please wait.." message is printed,
the CD-RW is blanked succesfully, but burncd never returns.

After a little searching it seems that the program cannot get out of the
while() loop at line 198 of src/usr.sbin/burncd/burncd.c:

while (1) {
	sleep(1);
	if (ioctl(fd, CDRIOCGETPROGRESS, &pct) == -1)
		err(EX_IOERR,"ioctl(CDRIOGETPROGRESS)");
	if (pct > 0 && !quiet)
		fprintf(stderr,
			"%sing CD - %d %% done     \r",
			blank == CDR_B_ALL ?
			"eras" : "blank", pct);
	if (pct == 100 || (pct == 0 && last > 90))
		break;
	last = pct;
}

The pct variable is always 0, even after the blanking of the CD-RW is
finished (according to the device's LEDs), so the program falls into an
infinite loop.

Of course, hitting ^C exits burncd...

--
 giotto