[FreeBSD] Softupdate

Julian Elischer julian at whistle.com
1999. Jún. 13., V, 20:05:34 CEST

I've seen these figure (in fact I did some of these tests)

The soft updates makes deletes 100 times faster on my machine, but the
disk-space is only actually freed over the next 30 to 45 seconds,
So after the  'rm' you can watch it being freed by doing 'df'
for a time. (the freeing of the removed blocks is done in background).

julian