[FreeBSD] Token Ring adapter

Gabor Dolla agdolla at datanet.hu
1999. Jún. 9., Sze, 12:17:17 CEST

> Nem vagyok meg igazan jaratos ebben a vilagban, flame-t sem szeretnek
> gerjeszteni, de ezek kozul van valamelyiknek koze a freeBSD-hez?

na igen :))
tamogatjak a freebsd-t, linux-ot, csak elfelejtik kiirni :))
ime a COPYRIGHT:

The oltr driver uses objects and microcode from Olicom's
OC-3300 PowerMACH Works Kit.

As the Linux driver says..
*
*      This driver uses the Token Ring Low Level Driver (TRlld,
*      PowerMach Works) as the lower level driver.  The PMW kit is
*      (C) Olicom. The executable object may be distributed along
*      with this driver for the purpose of linking this driver.
*
The low level driver is combined with a FreeBSD specific driver
supplied in source, which provides all OS dependent functions.

files from olicom are:

trlld.o - Olicom low-level driver interface

trlldmac.o - TMS 380 Microcode for Olicom TMS380 based cards
trlldbm.o - "bullseye" Microcode for Olicom "bullseye" based cards
trlldhm.o - "hawkeye" Microcode for Olicom "hawkeye" based cards

The file trlld.o is stored in uuencode format as trlld.o.uu
It represents a state machine of some kind that has no OS dependencies
and communicates with the firmware on the cards via a proprietary interface.
All communication with this module is achieved via functions supplied in
the FreeBSD specific driver.

The other 3 files have been encoded using file2c(1)
and represent only microcode to be loaded into the appropriate board
when found.

Here is the release notice from Olicom regarding these files:
OC-3300 PowerMach Works and its components are wholly owned products of
Olicom A/S
Nybrovej 114
2800 Lyngby
Denmark
(45) 45 27 00 00
and are used and distributed with permission. (#SS022499)

A supporting email is also included.